New NDIS participant booklets
The NDIA has released three new participant booklets available on the NDIS website.
Booklet 1 – Understanding the NDIS
Booklet 1 covers:
- Learning about the NDIS
- Deciding whether to apply for the NDIS
- Accessing the NDIS
Booklet 2 – Planning
Booklet 2 covers:
- Understanding your current supports
- Creating a NDIS plan to achieve your goals
- Receiving an approved NDIS plan
Booklet 3 – Using your NDIS Plan
Booklet 3 covers:
- Understanding what’s in your plan
- Learning how to use your plan
- Choosing and managing supports and services
- Reviewing your plan and progress
A key recommendation of the recent Pathway Review was to provide clear and more detailed information to assist people to understand and navigate the NDIS.
The booklets provide practical information for participants, potential participants, their families, carers and the wider community to use throughout their NDIS journey. As a key resource in navigating the NDIS, the booklets are intended for use throughout a participant’s journey and can be used to record key information write questions and collect thoughts.
You can download a copy of the participant booklets from the NDIS website.
Easy English versions of the booklets are also available on the NDIS website. Braille and versions in languages other than English will available in the coming months.