- ACD (Association for Children with a Disability) has peer support networks across Victoria for parents of children living with disability who seek to make the most of the NDIS. For more information about ACD Connect groups contact Janice Chan at email@example.com or Click here to find out more.
- VALID has action groups running across Victoria. If you are interested in joining a group or starting one contact David Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to find out the location of the groups
- Brainlink runs an 8- week peer support program called LifeMoves for people impacted by acquired brain injury and/or degenerative brain conditions. Find out more
- Chronic Illness Alliance has a peer supporters network that meets 4 times a year in the Melbourne CBD. For more information contact email@example.com
- Different Journeys provides a social platform for teens diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), adults diagnosed with ASD and their families to create positive connections, feelings of inclusion and linking families with services and support. We provide monthly social events held over a dinner. See more details on our website. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mobile: 0490 774 068
The Pathways for Carers project is a walking group for carers of people with a disability or mental health issue. The project was initiated by a Maroondah Carer of three children with autism, Maroondah City Council, Yarra Ranges Council and Uniting lifeAssist. The walks commenced in October 2015 in Maroondah and Yarra Ranges Councils and have since expanded to other municipalities. For more information contact Fiona at email@example.com
- Amaze is the peak body for people on the autism spectrum and their supporters in Victoria. The Wangaratta NDIS Peer Support Network is part of the Benalla Disability Support group that has expanded into Wangaretta. The group is currently focusing on preparng for the NDIS. For more information contact Maze at Pamela.Gatos@amaze.org.au, connect with their Facebook page or call 1300 308 699
- Interchange Outer East, through its Family Services department, runs Carer Support Groups that aim to support the wellbeing of carers by providing opportunities to relax, share resources and information and remain connected to their peers and community. The groups run across 8 municipalities in Victoria. The focus of these groups is informal peer to peer support. To find out more click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Down Syndrome Victoria Down Syndrome Victoria is committed to a model of peer support and empowerment to build resilience in people living with Down Syndrome and their families. They currently have 11 groups across the state funded through the DSO initiative. For more information contact Elizabeth McGarry on 1300 658 873
Aspergers Victoria is a for purpose organisation created to support our Aspergers community. One of the key ways we build community and inclusiveness is through our support groups and our education events. Our peer lead groups provide a key opportunity to build social connections, share life experiences and challenges as well as reduce isolation.
Our trained volunteers with lived experience run all meetings and welcome our new members. These provide a place where you can meet others, listen, learn and share stories about your journey with Aspergers, amongst others who understand and accept you. We have groups for kids, teens, young adults, adults as well as partners/carers and parents - we hope you find a group here that matches your situation, and meets your needs. For queries please email: email@example.com To find out more go to www.aspergersvic.org.au or Facebook www.facebook.com/www.aspergersvic.org