Introduction to Peer Support is a 3 part training introducing participants to the idea of peer support.
Over the whole course, people will learn about:
- What is peer support?
- Building a peer movement of people with disability, our families and allies
- Ways of being that help the peer movement to grow
- Skills we can practise to become better at peer support
This training is available for any peer groups and organisations to use and adapt freely, but please acknowledge sources.
You can download the original powerpoint materials and facilitators guides here.
Diversity and Disability Alliance has put together resources that:
- help all of us get better at being peers
- show how we can better work together
- tell our stories
There are a number of videos about setting up and running peer support groups and many of them are in different languages.
You can find them here http://www.ddalliance.org.au/peer-resources.html